Wednesday, March 11, 2009

More cute kids on day three!


Hi, everyone!

Today was another great day in Boston! We began with an interesting reflection on the School to Prison Pipeline theory. We watched a movie about the issue, read an article and discussed how important it is to raise awareness about the troubles many teens are experiencing in their schools. We discussed the importance of our roles as advocates and volunteers. Then Ashley lead an exercise to show how the careers we want should tie in with the issues we feel strongly about. We can make such a difference through so many outlets. There are so many talented and wonderful people on these trips. Each person can contribute so much to our society through all of the wonderful things they do. I am so optimistic that this group will continue to do great things!

We ate lunch (donated by Boloco!) and trekked to South Boston. Today we got to paint signs for the upcoming road race. It was tons of fun and we got in touch with the ten year old in all of us! Everyone made fun of my black and red poster. They said it looked evil. I thought it looked powerful. haha!

We played with the kids all afternoon. They're becoming so comfortable with all of us. Most of them really like having us there. Today one of the kids asked me if we were friends. Of course, I said yes! I asked him if he wanted to be my friend. And I was so happy to hear a yes. We're making great progress!

Two more days of fun with energetic, wonderful people!

Until next time,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment